Thursday, July 2, 2009

I am happy because I am alive

I am happy today because I am alive. I have opened my eyes to one more day. My husband has a day off of work, and although we were up early, the sky was flawlessly blue and the sun bright and warm. We went to an eclectic cafe on the East side of the river called Tin Roof. We sat outside on the patio on the perfect little corner table. My seat was also the seat of a perfect little sun beam. It warmed the cool morning as I sipped my soy latte. (Soy latte...the server probably knew I was a West sider by just ordering that drink...) It felt like we were on vacation; when else do we get to enjoy breakfast together on a Thursday morning? It is moments like these that I bottle up. I soak them in. These moments are what bring joy to life. It's not necessarily the big trips or expensive dinners. It is the small things. The warmth of the sun. A soy latte. Sharing a morning with my husband. Enjoying the blueness of the sky. It is glorious to be alive.

No comments: