Thursday, June 18, 2009

Oh, the life from inside


Chester stares out of the window longingly as a crow teases her in the trees. Does a cat think? I think that Chester thinks. Perhaps she wonders about life outside, of that strange world she's never set a paw in. Perhaps she wonders about how the crow would taste if only she could attack it. Too bad Chester doesn't have claws. Oh, such a sad life I think sometimes. Poor Chester can only look out from the inside. I think many of us suffer from the "house cat syndrome." We are content with our daily lives, yet sometimes peer into the world of others, silently wondering if we've missed out. However, I do believe that if Chester were an outdoor cat, she would dream of life inside. Likewise, if we had gone down another path in our lives, we would dream about the life we are living now. Sound wisdom from a house cat. They actually have a pretty good life, although cleaning myself with my tongue really doesn't appeal to me.

No comments: